This is one of my favorite breakfasts I use to mix things up when I get sick of eggs! Try these pancake alternatives for a healthy twist on a commonly unhealthy breakfast!
- 1 cup unbleached or all-purpose flour
- 2 scoops (1/2 cup) BSN Lean Dessert Protein Powder (Choose your favorite flavor: Banana nut bread, cinnamon roll, or whipped vanilla cream).
- 1.5 teaspoons non GMO, aluminum free baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup low fat, no sodium cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon McCormick imitation butter flavor
How to make it:
- Coat non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Wipe away excess. Clean skillet and re coat between batches.
- Heat over medium-low
- In a bowl combine flour, protein, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add eggs, water, cottage cheese, and butter flavor. Mix well.
- Spoon approx. 1/2 cup mixture in to skillet and cook until golden brown. Flip when needed.
Makes 8 pancakes
Per pancake: 123 cal, 11g protein, 14g carbs, 2g total fat. 1/2g fiber, 37 mg sodium.
Back to Blog