Mediterranean Salmon Wraps from Better Homes and Gardens.
I like recipes that can be whipped up at the last minute with things on hand and still be healthy! See my notes at the end 🙂 Kari Hall ACSM HFS
- 2 5-oz. cans or pouches skinless, boneless salmon, drained well
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 leaves romaine lettuce, thick ribs removed
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas or whole wheat wrap breads (about 9 inches in diameter)
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 large ripe tomato, halved and sliced
1. In medium bowl, combine salmon, parsley, olives, onion, oil, lemon peel and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
2. To make each sandwich, place 3 lettuce leaves on a tortilla. Top each with a quarter of the salmon salad, top with a few red pepper slices and tomato slices. Fold the tortilla about an inch over each end of the filling, then roll up. Makes 4 wraps.
- Calories 259,
- Total Fat (g) 13,
- Saturated Fat (g) 2,
- Monounsaturated Fat (g) 5,
- Polyunsaturated Fat (g) 2,
- Cholesterol (mg) 25,
- Sodium (mg) 870,
- Carbohydrate (g) 22,
- Total Sugar (g) 2,
- Fiber (g) 11,
- Protein (g) 22,
- Vitamin C (DV%) 1.15,
- Calcium (DV%) 4,
- Iron (DV%) 15,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
** Canned Salmon gives you all the nutrients and you can have it on hand for last minute healthy dinners! Omega- 3 and Vitamin D!!! Make sure you get the roasted Red Peppers in Water not oil! Try La Tortilla Factory ” low carb” 50 calorie tortillas for an even leaner version!
Back to Blog